Friday, April 4, 2008

Cheddar's

979 N Lexington Springmill Rd
Mansfield, OH 44906
(419) 747-9777

Warm dark wood accents greet the visitor as they step into this dimly lit casual atmosphere. Friendly staff seated us as soon as we came in the door at around 6 o'clock. The menu had plenty of intriguing choices, there were at least 5 things that all sounded equally sumptuous. I ended up ordering a salad followed by a lemon pepper chicken plate, with a loaded mashed potato, fresh broccoli, and a strawberry iced tea to drink. After dinner I ordered a cookie monster for desert. The waitress was friendly and put our order in right away. We did have to ask for a refill because my girlfriend's cup had been empty for a while, other than that the service was very good. We waited a painless 20 minuets for our food.

The salad comes with a croissant dripping in honey-butter, a tasty treat before dinner. When my meal came everything looked good, there were good sized portions of each part of my plate, a large baked potato, plenty of broccoli, and two medium chicken breast on a bed of rice. Everything tasted exactly as delicious as they sounded, with the exception of the chicken. The chicken was covered in a lemon pepper coating. There was one bite where the pepper was over-whelming, and I needed a drink to get the taste out of my mouth. Except for that one bite the rest of the chicken was really good! After eating my meal I was pleasantly full, some people might not be able to finish it all because of the portion sizes. After dinner I wanted a dessert, so I ordered the cookie monster. They bake the cookie's to demand, they're about 8 inches in diameter and oozing with chocolate chips. The cookies come served hot with two scoops of vanilla ice cream on top and glazed with warm chocolate syrup. The cookie itself tasted home-made, and the ice cream and chocolate made the perfect dessert.

Cost: less than $15
Service: Good
Portion: Very good
Quality: Good
Rating: 4.5 stars

No comments: